Harry and Eva Kauffman founded Kauffman Tire in 1936 in a small town known as Wooster, Ohio. The company started out as Harry Kauffman's Service Station, a single Texaco service station, and quickly became Wooster's most trusted name in auto care and tire service. After graduating from Ohio State University in 1960, Harry's son, John, proudly joined in his father's footsteps and joined his dad at the shop. John quickly took to the industry and directed the first major expansion in 1968, opening the Company's first wholesale division; a year later he was promoted to President upon Harry's retirement. John opened another wholesale facility in 1972 in Atlanta, Georgia where he would permanently move the Company's headquarters in 1975. From there he then began to expand Kauffman Tire's operations in Atlanta, with the opening of its first two retail store in Chamblee and Austell, Georgia.
To this day the Company remains family owned and operated. Mark Kauffman, serving as President and his brother-in-law, Tom Money, serving as Executive Vice President. The operations now consist of retail stores in Georgia and Florida, wholesale distribution centers in several states, as well as an e-commerce website.